The 2020-2021 North Country Trail Run Ambassador Program is now accepting applicants. Designed to reward 7 individuals as they continue to train and race throughout the year (not only the North Country Trail Run, but other great races around the region, state and country).
Open to anyone who meets the following requirements:
* Is 18 years or older at the time of applying and
* Is a United States or Canadian resident and
* Has participated in at least 1 previous or is signed-up already for the current North Country Trail Run and
* Not a race official of the North Country Trail Run or any other race and
* Would commit to promoting the North Country Trail Run throughout his or her ambassador term (see requirements below)
If chosen, a North Country Trail Run Ambassador will receive:
* One North Country Trail Run entry into 2021 race.
* Four running shirts or singlets and two pairs of running shorts.
* One pair of running shoes.
* Lodging in the Ambassador Community race weekend.
* Ambassador dinner race weekend.
* Featured on the North Country Trail Run website.
A North Country Trail Run Ambassador is Required to:
* Commit to the Ambassador Term – April 1st 2020 thru April 1st 2021.
* Participate in at least 1 race every 3 months wearing your North Country Trail Run Ambassador gear.
* Post at least 1 photo or video per month of you that relates to the Ambassador Program and your recent participation in a race or training for the North Country Trail Run.
* Share North Country Trail Run race updates on your social media and/or blog at least 1 time each month. (You choose what to share).
* Share periodic North Country Trail Run race updates that the race posts in local social media running groups that you might be involved in. (You choose what to share).
* Actively promote the North Country Trail Run to other runners at local races you participate in, running clubs you are involved in and any other venues (like running stores) to help spread the word about the race. (You choose what to share and with whom).
* Provide feedback to your North Country Trail Run contact to help improve the race and or help you inform other runners if they ask you race questions.
* To dedicate 10 hours race weekend interacting with new and veteran runners of the race (of which 2 hours is required on Friday and the balance at your discretion). (lodging provided Friday night and if a balance of your 10 hours is planned for Sunday of race weekend, lodging provided will be provided Saturday night as well).
You are NOT required to:
* Not required to recruit any number of runners to participate in the race.
* Not required to push any race discount codes.
* Not required to work any expos.
* Not required to solicit any race sponsorships.
* Not required to distribute any flyers to races without their permission.
Application will be received now thru March 1st 2020. Ambassadors will be introduced to the public on April 1st 2020. All applications and application information will be kept confidential and not provided to any 3rd party. Upon Ambassador selection, a member of the North Country Trail Team will work one-on-one with those individuals to ensure they receive all of the above perks of the program and work with them throughout each month of the Ambassador program. The selection of Ambassador process will be an internal decision by race officials this year.
The North Country Trail Run prides itself on promoting the sport of running and its participants. With that said, provide as much information as you can below and know that each candidate is evaluated based on their own individual application.